Yes, shrimp! Not something I normally get or cook with, but this recipe came with the batch of fruit and veg yesterday so I thought I would give it a whirl tonight. A LOT of interesting new recipes came along, so be prepared for a lot of experimentation on my end for this holiday weekend, actually!
This isn’t the recipe as describe as I wasn’t able to get a good batch of chile peppers, so some chili powder and oil had to suffice. Still, all came together nicely! The recipe below is for a full on multiperson version, so adjust accordingly.
Cucumber Chile Lime Shrimp
3 lb cooked shrimp
3 tbsp canola oil
4 minced cloves garlic
5 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
6 scallions, sliced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Clean and devein the shrimp if they have the veins intact and set aside.
2. Heat the wok over medium heat until hot, then add the oil.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and chiles.
4. Stir-fry for one minute or until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
5. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp.
6. Stir-fry for one minute, or until the shrimp are heated through.
7. Add the cucumber, scallions, lime juice and sugar.
8. Mix well and stir-fry for one minute or until the cucumbers turn translucent. Serve hot.