A lot of good recipes came with the most recent basket and I wanted to knock off both the potatoes and chard pretty quickly, so I went for this. The recipe includes a carrot sauce that I made but the blender went funny (to put it mildly), so I went for a little sriracha and soy instead. Give it a whirl!
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
7 md potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
1 bunch broccoli, chopped and steamed
1 green pepper, roasted or sauteed and chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
6 large Swiss chard leaves, or 12 small leaves, minus stems
1/2 cup water
2 cups carrots, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1. Prepare potatoes, broccoli and green pepper, set aside.
2. Cook onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 1/4 cup water until onions are translucent. Drain.
3. Mix mashed potatoes with onion mixture, steamed broccoli and sauteed peppers. Add salt, pepper and basil to taste.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. If using large chard leaves, cut in half crosswise. Leave small leaves whole. Stuff with potato mixture and roll up like a crepe.
5. Place stuffed chard in baking dish and add 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 40 to 50 minutes, until heated throughout and chard is tender. Serve with carrot sauce.
~ – – – – – – – – – – Carrot Sauce – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
1. Cook all ingredients together 10 to 12 minutes, until carrots are tender.
2. Puree mixture in a blender until smooth. Add more water for desired consistency.